Tuesday, July 17, 2007

White Manna (Burgers)

White Manna
358 River Street
Hackensack, NJ
tel: 201- 342-0914
$1 - $3

This tiny diner serves tiny burgers. As I watched the grillmaster flipped over the juicy meat, I thought I better order at least 3 double cheeseburgers. My brother and boyfriend ordered 5 double cheesburgers each. At first glance, you may think that White Manna burgers are similar to White Castle burgers but once you take a bite into one you realize that White Manna burgers are in a world of its own.


The doublecheese burgers came out larger than expected, about 3/4 the size of my palm. The patties were thick, juciy, and well seasoned. I believe there was a hint of cumin in the beef. White Manna burgers are served on potato buns that are grilled right next to the burgers. I also ordered a side of fries and a strawberry milkshake. The fries were cut super thick but the milkshake was a bit too runny. If you are a fan of sliders I highly recommend this place. Ironically there is a White Castle right across the street of White Manna. But who would go there when you can get a fresh, quaility burger for about the same price?

Rating
Food: 4
Value: 5
Service: 2 (Slow, no real line. They need a number system.)
Atmosphere: 2 (Cute diner when it's not crowded.)

Not recommended for large groups. This is more of a take-out place; although, you may be able get one of the coveted seats by the windows when it is not busy.

No comments: